Friday, July 30, 2010

Clearance, Clearance, Clearance!!!

Now, I love to eat for a good deal, but I also looooove to shop for good deals. Today I won't give you any tips on what restaurant to eat at, but I will tell you that one way or the only way I looove to shop is getting stuff on clearance. I have to say one of my favorite stores is Target. If you've been to one before you know that they have great quality, clothes, toys, electronics, food etc. I love this store for a few reasons:

#1 It's clean
#2 It's always neat
#3 The lines aren't usually long, and that makes checking out a lot quicker and smoother.
#4 They have a rule that there shouldn't be more than 2 people standing in line.
#5 They have great customer service. If you can't find something they go look with you....they don't say "I don't know" or " I don't work in that department.."
#6 Clearance, Clearance, Clearance!!

This store is AMAZING with their clearance sections... Yesterday I went to go buy some formula.. Like I said before I have a 2 month old, Isabella Grace! Well, I began heading towards the baby section and found my formula, it was on CLEARANCE for $11.75 when it usually costs $16.79. Like many of you moms out there know, Enfamil and Similac will send you rebate checks for $5 dollars each. I had 4 $5.00 checks which was a total of $20.00 in checks. (Stay with me now) At regular price I would have paid: $33.58 plus tax, but since they were on CLEARANCE the total (before my rebate checks) was $23.50. AFTER MY REBATE CHECKS MY TOTAL WAS:::::::: $3.50!!!! I SAVED an astonishing amount of $30.08 for 2 cans of formula!!

I got my daughter 3 pairs of shoes for school at a CLEARANCE price of $4.54 each pair and the regular price was $16.99 for each pair. My total before clearance would have been: $50.97 but with the CLEARANCE price I only spent $13.62 SAVING $37.35!!!

One last item that I purchased was socks for my two boys and older daughter. Personally I'm not a fan of buying socks b/c you pay more than what I think is really worth. A usual price for a 4-6 pack of socks is about $6-$7. Well, I bought 3 of the 6 packs of socks on CLEARANCE for ONLY $1.48. The regular price for those were $5.99 each pack. Before clearance I would have spent $17.97 but I ONLY paid $4.44 SAVING $13.53
My daughters socks were a pack of 10 on CLEARANCE for $3.24 regular price for that was 9.99. I SAVED $6.75.

At the end of the day before clearance prices I should have spent: $112.51

I ONLY paid $24.80

I SAVED $$87.71 !!!!

If you shop for a big family like I do (7 of us included) GO TO THE CLEARANCE sections first!!! You never know what amazing deals you'll find.


Happy Shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment